At the IAACN Scientific Symposium, I had the opportunity to meet Dr. Arden Andersen, D.O. who is an expert on the impact of genetically modified foods and their impact on our food chain and our health. Below is an except from his recent book titled “The Food Plaque”. This report is a serious eye opener about how GMO’s are increasing our toxic exposure and causing significant damage to our health, vitality and longevity.
“Ladies and gentlemen, genetically modified foods are the Food Plague. This is not a debate about philosophy, political correctness, human economic and technological progress. This is a crisis about toxic food of the worse kind, that this toxic “Frankenfood” will induce permanent internal inflammation, that this infective “Frankenfood” induces permanent antigen production via horizontal gene transfer to our gut bacteria.
“Modern agriculture” produces more calories per capita today than ever in history and those calories have translated into the epidemic of cardiovascular disease, obesity and diabetes seen worldwide. Chronic disease (cardiovascular disease, obesity and diabetes) have now surpassed infective disease as the leading cause of death in developing countries. These calories are empty calories. Analysis of USDA nutrient testing of foods comparing 1941 data to 1991 show anywhere from a 15 to 76 percent decline in food nutrient value. British Ministry of Agriculture studies show the similar nutrient decline.
GMO crops are toxic in and of themselves aside from the increased use of glyphosate or any other chemical weapons. Science is our guide and science has proven over and over that GMO crops are toxic to mammals. The first, yet unintentional human trial of GMO materials occurred in 1987 with l-45 tryptophan. 37 plus deaths and over 1500 cases of EMS were documented. Every affected person consumed only the genetically engineered l-tryptophan.
Like x-ray exposure, GMO foods seem harmless at first exposure, but its deadly consequences become apparent as time passes. Like x-radiation, infertility is one of those consequences for subsequent generations. We can ill afford to continue this massive human experiment. What can you do?
- Each and every consumer can act by voting at the grocery store.
- Avoid purchasing GMO foods like the plague they truly are.
- Demand your grocers obtain only labeled food products, purchase only non-GMO grains for your animals.
- Write to your legislators and demand they enact mandatory labeling laws.
- Become informed; look up the references listed throughout this article. (Click here to see the full article/report). Note that most of these authors are USDA, USDA-ARS and Land Grant University researchers or 46 medical researchers publishing in peer reviewed scientific journals.
- Write to your local state politicians, Outman and Emmons, and ask them why they are either uninformed or deliberately ignoring the plethora of scientific literature in this matter.
May 19, 2009 the American Academy of Environmental Medicine (AAEM) issued the following statement: “Avoid GM (genetically modified) foods when possible… Several animal studies indicate serious health risks associated with GM food… There is more than a casual association between GM foods and adverse health effects. There is causation…The strength of association and consistency between GM foods and disease is confirmed in several animal studies.”
I encourage you to inform yourself and to eliminate all “franken food” from your diet. To read Dr. Andersen’s full Book, click here.